LOOKING FOR TALENT WITHIN YOUR BUGDET?
2CODE Online is a boutique software shop focused on providing high quality web & mobile development and digital marketing services at competitive prices and within your time zone.
Our goal since 2008, is to develop websites and mobile apps the way YOU envisioned them, crafting ideas into high quality software.
10 REASONS WHY OUR CLIENTS KEEP COMING BACK, AND SO WILL YOU:
- 1. PROMPT & FLUENT ENGLISH COMMUNICATION
- 2. TIME ZONE SIMILAR TO MOST US LOCATIONS
- 3. APPROACHABLE, POSITIVE & EXPERIENCED TEAM
- 4. SMALL & FRIENDLY COMPANY MANAGED BY FOUNDERS
- 5. REALISTIC TIMELINES AND ESTIMATES
- 6. FREE QUOTES
- 7. COMPETITIVE RATES FOR TOP QUALITY WORK
- 8. SPECIAL TRIAL RATES!
- 9. PAY AS WE DEVELOP
- 10. CONFIDENTIALITY
Did you know 2CODE Online was nominated as Top 10 Most Promising Start Up in the Internet Category by TiECon Midwest 2010?
ANSWERS TO FAQs
Are quotes free?
Yes, our quotes are absolutely free of charge! Please, remember we need as much detail from you as possible in order to be able to provide an estimate. So, a brief including your ideas, mockups or sample websites from competitors that you like, would be extremely helpful!
How long does it take you to send me a quote?
Quotes and proposals usually take 3 business days, but this understandably varies depending on the complexity of the project and its technology. In any case, you will receive acknowledgement of your quote request within a few minutes and questions and updates frequently during the estimation process. Remember that writing down your requirements and sending us mockups or sample websites from competitors that you like, will always speed things up!
I'm not sure what I want, and I don't have any specifications on paper, what should I do?
Don't worry, this happens 90% of the times, and we know how to help you. For projects at a very early stage, with vague requirements or no documentation, or large ones over 300 hours, 2CODE Online™ usually suggests and offers a Functional/Business Analysis Service to guide and assist the customer in the project's requirement gathering , specs documentation, mockups and Axure prototyping prior to requesting and working on a final estimate or quote.
Do you work per project or time & materials?
Both alternatives are available depending on the project's size, complexity and technology. If your project is a large one and your requirements are still too vague for us to be able to estimate accurately, you may be more comfortable with a time & materials agreement (rate times hours worked). For on going work, please visit our website's staff augmentation section. Everything can be discussed on a case by case basis, so don't hesitate to contact us, no strings attached, to tell us more about your project.
Where are you located?
We're currently based in Buenos Aires, capital city of Argentina.
How do you overcome the challenges of remote development?
It's no news that, thank to the internet, geographic boundaries are no longer a challenge in our globalized world. Of course, this is not the only requirement to succeed when providing high quality remote development services. As always, it's not so much the tools one uses, but how skilled the people using them are. Our main focus to overcome physical distance, is communication. Our communication skills are impeccable and we communicate effectively and frequently by phone, e-mail, Skype and chat. We also use many virtual tools to collaborate, share files, source code and manage each project.
What Technologies do you work with?
We're proud to be able to offer a wide range of technologies for our web & mobile development services. For further details, please visit our technologies section. If the technology you need help with is not listed, please, feel free to contact us, we my have someone in our extended development network available to help you.
How long have you been in Business?
We founded 2CODE Online in 2008. Our core development team has over 50 years of combined experience in the software industry. To learn more about our story , you're welcomed to visit the our founders section.
How competitive are your rates?
Behind each project we commit to, there's always at least a 2 people team (all Senior and University graduates), and typically a 3 people team (account manager/business analyst, developer, and designer). We're proud to provide premium boutique software shop quality services, as the team we are, for the rate of an onsite junior freelancer. Our rates are definitely a bargain for the impeccable and frequent English communication, time zone similarity, user friendly design, clean high quality code ( by Senior Developers using industry's best practices and design patterns) and the project management, that you'll get in return. Please, contact us to learn more about our hourly rates and special first trial rates!
What payment methods do you accept?
We currently accept most of the payment methods available nowadays. We're determined to make things easier for you, and this includes billing & payment processes. Please, feel free to e-mail us for further details.
What does "pay as we develop" mean?
Pay as we develop or Pay as you go is our way of saying we understand you. We know how hard it is to decide on an IT provider to partner with. Many of you have come to us with previous bad experiences, and we get it. For this reason, we DO NOT require 50% down-payments, as many others do. We work with a payment schedule of small weekly or biweekly advanced payments which are linked to pre-established milestones and features to be developed during the following week. We know business is flexile, and hence, we're flexible too.
This way you will:
- have what you've paid for each week
- be able to try out our services as we build mutual trust
- be in control of your project's budget at all times
- have no cancellation fees
- own source code at every stage which will be shared with you at all times
May I see a portfolio or samples of previous work?
Yes, please, feel free to e-mail us and request samples of our work. Please, note that due to contractual obligations and strict NDAs, we're unable to disclose most of our projects. However, we can make up for this by sharing code samples, and references of our work. For client reviews, please, visit our Clients section or join us on LinkedIn, where you will be able to read recommendations of our work.
Do you provide Hosting Services?
No, we're not Hosting Providers. Each client is free and able to choose his own Hosting Provider. However, we will provide you with the minimum hosting requirements you need to ensure your application performs as desired, before you start shopping around.
Is the answer to your question not listed above?
DO YOU NEED A WEB OR MOBILE APP THAT LOOKS AS GOOD AS IT PERFORMS?
- Graphic & UI Design
- Custom ASP .NET Web & Mobile Applications
- Mobile Web Applications using JQuery Mobile
- Corporate websites
- Saas (Software as a Service)
- Database Solutions
- Web Services
DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR THE NEXT MOBILE APP?
We craft Mobile Apps to:
- keep your company's brand image in trend,
- give your company processes mobile support,
- complement your SaaS web application,
- sell on the Android Play or iPhone App Stores,
- or offer for FREE and profit from
With Google's acquisition of Motorola, the Android world has become a fertile soil for mobile apps!
We custom design & develop Android apps, the way YOU imagine them, using the Android SDK for Eclipse.
Be a first mover in your industry by investing on an Android App.
Creating iPhone applications should be on every company's agenda. Of all the mobile devices, the iPhone is one of the most popular, with over 108 million devices sold so far, and over 500,000 iPhone Apps available for download. Businesses are using iPhone Applications innovatively to cut costs, increase productivity, engage and market to their users. We build iPhone Apps using MonoTouch for iOS.
Does your idea still need some work?
We can help you! Let us build an Axure prototype for you.
A prototype is an early sample or model built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.
You'll be amazed at how powerful a prototype can be for:
- brainstorming and inspiration
- testing alternatives
- detecting inconsistencies
- avoiding expensive re-work later on
- sharing your ideas with potential investors or clients
DO YOU WANT TO BE ON TOP OF GOOGLE ORGANIC SEARCH RESULTS?
- Search Engine Friendly Website Optimizations
- Link Building & Exchange
- Directory Submissions
- Ad Writing & Posting
- Article Writing & Submissions
- Forum & Blog Posts
Other Digital Marketing Services:
- WEB CONTENT WRITING
- CORPORATE IMAGE DESIGN & COMMUNICATION
- PRESS RELEASES
- SOCIAL MEDIA & MORE!
Contact Us for a free consultation & client referrals!
In these new dynamic times... doesn't your business need Flexible & Affordable Staff Augmentation Solutions?
IT staff augmentation remains one of the most demanding and vigorous marketplaces in the world! This flexible and temporary strategy is becoming an ally for medium and small IT firms, used to quickly adapt to the challenges of the dynamic new economy.
Under a staff augmentation model, the cost of hiring for temporary requirements and disengaging once those requirements have been met can more than offset the higher cost of engaging more permanent resources, specially with international remote developers. Moreover, staff augmentation requires minimal contracting effort, has a simple cost model (rate times hours worked), can scale up or down quickly and has minimal impact on the existing operating model of an IT organization.
Benefits for an IT Organization:
- Focus On Requirements Not Execution
- Save on Recruiting, Training, Benefits & Administrative costs
- Rapid Access To Missing Capabilities And Skills
- Accommodate Staff Shortages Due To Unexpected Events
- Avoidance Of Hiring / De-hiring Costs
- Flexible Costs Scalable To Demand
- No Impact On Operating Model
2CODE Online's highly skilled core team and network of remote developers is experienced in providing staff augmentation services to the world. We're proud to be able to offer you:
- The BEST PRICE/QUALITY RATIO In The Market
- Very Similar Timezone To Work During US Business Hours
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES
BRAND IMAGE & UI DESGIN USING:
PHOTOSHOP AND ILLUSTRATOR
WEB DEVELOPMENT USING :
MICROSOFT ASP .NET WEBFORMS, ASP .NET MVC, C#, SQL SERVER 2008 R2
CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
WEB MOBILE DEVELOPMENT USING:
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT OF ANDROID APPS, USING:
JAVA AND ANDROID SDK
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT OF iPHONE & iPAD APPS:
iOS & OBJECTIVE C AND MONOTOUCH
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US...
"2CODE Online did not only gain my full-trust as outstanding professionals and successful entrepreneurs but also as people who I can comfortably turn to with any information-technology related issues. In short, I highly recommend 2CODE Online Services."
Gideon O., Entrepreneur
"Result oriented, easy to work with, professional and excellent at what they do".
Todd G., IT Firm Owner
"As the account manager, Heidi was a pleasure to deal with, perfect English and always available."
David K., Small Business Owner
"Heidi and her team, 2CODE Online, are always a joy to work with. She pays attention to every detail, and I always know that they provide top-quality work. 2CODE Online's development team provides out-of-the-box thinking and creative solutions to the complex projects I give them. Heidi is also a very nice person, and always seems to have a smile on her face."
Philip P., IT Company Owner
"2CODE Online is a software development company based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I went through three other local developers before hiring this incredibly consistent, professional, and passionate company. I wholeheartedly recommend 2CODE and plan to use their services for many years."
Devin W., Entrepreneur
Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
PEDRO R. CARRERAS, BIS
Lead Developer & Co-Founder
Pedro is an all-terrain developer and Tech-leader. Our Co-founder had an early and self-start in the IT world. At the young age of 14, he wrote his first computer program. He had a natural talent and attraction towards technology, way before he graduated with a Bachelor in Information Systems. Pedro first specialized on web and desktop development with Microsoft Technologies, and later on, he expanded his skills set to include mobile technologies as well. Nowadays, Pedro has over 12 years of experience in the Software Development Industry. His background includes multinational firms such as Tata Consultancy Services and Verizon Business. During his professional journey, he worked in several countries, such as Mexico, Uruguay and Chile. Finally, and after 2 years as an independent contractor telecommuting to an American IT firm, his natural passion and expertise in the field drove him to persue his own venture as co-founder of 2CODE Online.
HEIDI GUTTENBERG, BBA
Business Development MGR & Co-Founder
Heidi comes from a part-Italian and part-German family, but was born in Argentina and attended an English school, where she started developing her entrepreneurial mindset. By the time she was 18, she had travelled all over the world (from several cities in the US and Europe to Russia and Middle East!). We believe it is safe to say, she's a citizen of the world. After graduating with a Bachelor in Business Administration from University of San Andrés in Buenos Aires, she worked at one of the biggest companies in Argentina where she developed her Marketing and project management skills. In 2008, she co-founded 2CODE Online. In her role as the Business Development Manager, Heidi is the communication channel between 2CODE Online and the world. You can contact her in English, Spanish or Italian, and she will be involved in your project every step of the way.
1. TELL US ALL WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
Send us a brief with mockups, competitors info, a list of ideas or any documentation you may have on your project's requirements. Contact us, so we can e-mail you questions and guide you through your briefing process. Start experiencing our great customer service today.
2. LET US BUILD A PROTOTYPE FOR YOU
A prototype is an early sample or model built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from. You'll be amazed at how powerful a prototype can be for:
- brainstorming and inspiration
- testing alternatives
- detecting inconsistencies
- avoiding expensive re-work later on
- sharing your ideas with potential investors or clients
3. AGILE DEVELOPMENT
We use Agile Development Methodology to openly make progress visible to our clients in shorter time scales. This methodology, embraces change at an earlier stage than before, allowing faster delivery and focused outcomes. The 2CODE Online™ Team and the client work together with a constant communication flow. The goal of this constant interaction guarantees that the outcome of the project will actually meet the client's expectations.
4. PAY AS WE DEVELOP
Pay as we develop is our way of saying we understand you. We know the business world is flexible, and hence, we try to be flexible too.
- have what you've paid for each week
- try out our services as we build mutual trust
- be in control of your project's budget at all times
- have no cancellation fees
- own source code at every stage which will be shared with you at all times
Agile development combined with great customer service and our Pay as we Develop work mode are the 2CODE Online way of promoting our client's satisfaction.
2CODEONLINE BLOGPosted on:11/15/2012
Check out FreshPaint ! a NEW Windows 8 App
Posted on:10/16/2012I'm a huge fan of prototyping!
Why you should never skip the prototyping stage!
Prototyping is an important part of building a digital product, be it a web or mobile application. And prototyping with Axure is a fast, professional, and powerful way to build complex prototypes.
The TOP 4 benefits of an Axure prototype are:
1- visualizing & agreeing on key project features
2- allowing all the details to make an accurate estimation on development costs
3- bringing team members together by providing a clear reference
4- avoiding expensive re-work later on, during the development stage
According to Google: NO Mobile Site = LOST Customers
* Two-thirds of smartphone users say a mobile-friendly site makes them more likely to buy a company’s product or service, and 74% say they’re more likely to return to the site later. “Mobile is creating massive opportunity,” says Jason Spero, head of Google’s global mobile sales and strategy.
* 61% says that if they don’t find what they’re looking for (probably within about five seconds), they’ll click away to another site. Half say that even if they like a business, they’ll use its site less often if it doesn’t work well on their smartphone. “This is a wakeup call,” says Spero. “You will lose customers at the moments that matter” without a site specifically made for mobile devices.
* 72% of users say a mobile-friendly site is important to them, but a nearly unanimous 96% have visited sites that aren’t. “When you offer users a desktop experience on mobile,” Spero notes, “it’s kind of crap.”
Google’s advice: Create a fast mobile site with big buttons and text, keep steps to complete tasks to a minimum, and–you knew this was coming–promote the site with Google mobile ads for the two-thirds of people who use search to find a site.
Goodbye Flash Player: Android will not be supporting it anymore, either
A few months ago, Adobe, owner of Flash, confirmed in its blog post that "there will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1."
This news shouldn't be too much of a shock.Last November, Adobe confirmed that it would no longer develop Flash for mobile devices. Several weeks later, Adobe said it would release one more version of Flash Player for the mobile Web to accommodate Android 4.0, but that would be the final update.
The plug-in is only available via Google Play UK and would be removed again "soon", said Adobe.
"Flash Player continues to be available on Google Play for users in the UK for a short while due to requests from strategic partners," said a spokesperson for Adobe.
Corriere de la Sera
Microsoft's new logo unveiledAfter 25 years, Microsoft renews it's brand image for the very first time. And what a perfect time they have picked for this!The new look, comes to reflect a great year for Microsoft. 2012, has been the year in which Microsoft decided to release new versions of nearly all of their products: from Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8 to Xbox services to the next version of Office.As part of this "rebirth", you will see a common look and feel across all these products providing a familiar and seamless experience on PCs, phones, tablets and TVs. This wave of new releases is not only a reimagining of their most popular products, but also makes a clear statement that a new era for Microsoft has begun. This logo is another step towards visually accentuate this new beginning for the big giant.Source: Official Microsoft Blog
Shift happens !Even if you did know, this video will help to, once again, bring awareness of the important shifts we are experiencing.
Can't wait for Windows 8?
Take a quick peek at its cool features by watching the following video and downloading its release preview!
Let's try it out and experience the difference TODAY!
Download Windows 8 Release Preview
3 Quick Tips for Effective Social Media Marketing CampaignsDon't be afraid to do something bold and creative to make your message stand out from the crowd in the Social Media Space.
Since your community is always online, remember you need to be monitoring it 24/7, in order to get the results you need. Creating and Managing an Online Reputation for your brand takes a lot of hard work which needs to be sustained in time.Take your time to plan your SMM strategy. Avoid jumping at this without having given it some careful thought. No matter how much fun it may look like, effectiveness depends on this, and on the fact that your efforts need to be constantly focused and targeted towards your campaign's goals.
Discover what your story is, and tell it to your online audience, on a friendly tone and with humor.
Humor sells a lot on the Social Media Space.
What does the Internet mean to YOU?
2CODE Online owes so much to the internet: our entrepreneurial ventures, our clients, our services and some of our dearest collaborators... all thank to this revolutionizing tool, whose power never seizes to amaze us.Breaking barriers, globalizing the wold, integrating cultures, narrowing geographic distances, eliminating borders, acting as fertile soil for young entrepreneurs and facilitating international commerce, are just a few of the things that we almost give for granted nowadays, but only 20 years ago were unthinkable.This video is a look back at how we used to talk about the World Wide Web in 1993.Our humble tribute to our great strategic partner: The Internet.
Healthy Posture Tips while Using Smartphones and Mobile Devices
Chrome vs Safari... who will win?
Google Brings Chrome Web Browser To Apple iPhones and iPads
According to Forbes.com: "Google is bringing its Chrome web browser to rival Apple‘s iPhone and iPad devices."
The source states that Google's strategy would be to engage iOS users to use Google's services, even if they're not Android users, yet. For this reason, iPhone and iPad users, will from now on be able to switch to Google Chrome.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate
Do you want to learn more about Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate?
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Release Candidate, has new brand image and features.
(Take a took at the logo's before and after).According to a new msdn blog post, with Visual Studio 2012 RC Microsoft introduces a number of enhancements to deployment functionality, such as the following:
For more details, please check out VS 2012 RC documentation by clicking here and watch the following video introducing VS 2012 RC.
- Storing publish profiles in XML files, making it easier to share and customize profiles.
- Publish profile now specifying the build configuration to be deployed.
- Publish profile now specifying database deployment settings
- Publish profile now storing credentials for publishing separately from other profile information, so you can share profiles without sharing credentials.
- A new Publish Web wizard UI facilitating updated to the publish profile.
- The Publish Web wizard enabling you to import publish settings from a file that you download from a hosting provider.
- The Publish Web wizard enabling you to preview file and database changes before they are made on the destination server.
- Creating Web.config transformation files that are linked to publish profiles, not just to build configurations.
- If you have a database that is managed by Entity Framework Code First, Visual Studio can automatically configure Code First Migrations to automate incremental database deployment.
- New dialog box enabling you to specify precompile and merge options that will be applied during the deployment process.
Beware of Zeus: NEW Android Malware is Disguised as a Security App
It seems that the new Zeus malware masquerades as a premium security app, called Android Security Suite Premium ( by Check Point Software Technologies) to lure people into downloading the Trojan, Kaspersky Lab.Source:PCW
Apple Counters Microsoft Surface Launch With New iPad Ad [VIDEO]On the same day Microsoft was unveiling its would-be iPad killer in Los Angeles, Apple rolled out its second TV ad for its new iPad, playing up functionality and, of course, the Retina display.
Healthy Posture Tips while Using Notebooks or other Computer devices for Recreation or Work at home
Available Now: NEW Skype Version Updated for Multitasking
Skype's iPhone application has received a much-anticipated update today, bringing support for multitasking in iOS 4.
- Run Skype in the background with multitasking in iOS4. Receive Skype calls and IM while other apps are running or when your iPhone is locked. You can also continue your call while you switch to another application. Multitasking is available only with iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
Skype's application was just updated in late May to bring support for voice calling over 3G networks.
In a blog post on the release, Skype also announced that it has dropped plans to charge for calls made over 3G networks. The company had previously stated that it was planning to institute charges after an introductory period of free calling.
Source: MAC Rumors
Microsoft debuts latest iPhone app: Windows Live Messenger
Microsoft released a Windows Live Messenger app for iPhone, bringing its widely used instant-messaging program to Apple's popular mobile device.
Thinking about developing an iPhone app? Learn more about our Custom iPhone development Services. Please contact us by visiting 2CODE Online Website.
Curious about what C# is?
If you're one of them, we invite you to watch the following videos and leave any comments or questions below...
Staff augmentation works!
Staff Augmentation is a global phenomenon. One cannot deny the irreversible flow that it has created across the business world globally. And the main reason for its success can be summarized in one word: costs. An offShore staff augmentation strategy is estimated to save a medium or large company around U$D 27.900 a year per developer only between:
* Benefits (medical, dental, 401(k) plan): $18,000;
* Administrative costs: $8,500 and
* Orientation/training: $1,400.
Nevertheless, the greater benefit of outsourcing is the migration from a fixed-cost IT environment to a variable pricing model that allows firms to gain better control over operating costs.
If you are thinking about a staff augmentation strategy, you may have certain concerns regarding this new business model and how to make it work for you.
Here are 5 tips for success most experts would agree on:
1. Choose your staff augmentation company carefully for they will be your strategic partners during the project. In particular, make sure their developers are fluent english speakers and writers and highly experienced in remote consulting.
2. Remember technology is just a tool to achieve organizational goals. This is why, you should always try to look for a milti-talented team capable of offering the right balance between IT and business points of view. Therefore, make sure the it is made up of both: IT experts and business analysts.
3. Work towards a shared vision of the project not only between you and the development team of your choice, but also within your own organization.
4. Don´t rush during the planning stage. This could save you a lot of time and money in the end.
5. Remember a good software is the one that simplifies everyday processes. Therefore, get all key users in your organization involved before deciding on the functionality that needs to be developed.
Looking for a Reliable and Skilled IT Partner? Partner with US!2CODE Online is an boutique software shop in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
We provide remote custom software development and web design services.
We are looking for a commercial partners located in US, Europe or Canada.
Let's get to know each other and see if we can build something that benefits us both!You will be selling our services and sharing the profits on a project basis.You would be responsible for client-management and a link to our Project Manager in Argentina.The ideal startup, should have strong commercial background and a proactive attitude.You should also be dreamers and believers!.Net Framework development skills. Special understanding of C# web development business.Profits will be shared on a project basis.
For more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
All your questions are welcomed!
How to Download and Install Visual C# Express
By the time you are reading this , this procedure may be a bit different, but it will be similar enough that you’ll be able to find and download the IDE package.
1. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/.
2. Select the Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions link.
3. Select Windows Development (because for the scope of this book, that is what you’ll be
4. Click the Visual Studio Express Download link.
5. You’ll see a list of Visual Studio Express editions, as shown in Figure 1-1. Click Visual C#
2008 Express Edition.
6. A dialog box appears, asking where you want to store the downloaded file. The file that
you are downloading is a small bootstrap file, which you’ll use to begin the actual
installation of the Visual C# Express IDE. Choose to save the file on the desktop.
These steps can be carried out very quickly, probably within a few minutes. Do not mistake
this procedure for downloading the complete Visual C# Express application, because that’s not
what happened. The installation procedure will download the vast majority of the IDE.
Installing Visual C# Express
this process, all the pieces of the IDE—about 300MB—are downloaded and installed. Follow
1. On your desktop, double-click the vcssetup.exe file. Wait while the setup program
loads all the required components.
2. Click Next on the initial setup screen.
3. A series of dialog boxes will appear. Select the defaults and click Next to continue
through the setup program. In the final dialog box, click Install.
4. After all the elements have been downloaded and installed, you may need to restart
There you go! You're all set now!
The 6 Stages of Software Development.
These stages are also known as software life cycle and as a process they can be represented through different models.
The stages of the software life cycle are:
- Implementation, testing and documenting
- Deployment and Maintenance
1. Planning (gathering requirements):
The important task in creating a software product is extracting the requirements or requirements analysis. In systems engineering, a requirement can be a description of what a system must do, referred to as a Functional Requirement. This type of requirement specifies something that the delivered system must be able to do. Another type of requirement specifies something about the system itself, and how well it performs its functions. Such requirements are often called Non-functional requirements, or 'performance requirements' or 'quality of service requirements.' Customers typically have an abstract idea of what they want as an end result, but not what software should do. Incomplete, ambiguous, or even contradictory requirements are recognized by skilled and experienced software engineers at this point.Once the general requirements are gleaned from the client, an analysis of the scope of the development should be determined and clearly stated. This is often called a scope document. Certain functionality may be out of scope of the project as a function of cost or as a result of unclear requirements at the start of development. If the development is done externally, this document can be considered a legal document so that if there are ever disputes, any ambiguity of what was promised to the client can be clarified.
2. Design:Assuming that the developers (including the analysts) are not sufficiently knowledgeable in the subject area of the new software, the first task is to investigate the so-called "domain" of the software. The more knowledgeable they are about the domain already, the less work required. Another objective of this work is to make the analysts, who will later try to elicit and gather the requirements from the area experts, speak with them in the domain's own terminology, facilitating a better understanding of what is being said by these experts. If the analyst does not use the proper terminology it is likely that they will not be taken seriously, thus this phase is an important prelude to extracting and gathering the requirements.
Specification is the task of precisely describing the software to be written, possibly in a rigorous way. In practice, most successful specifications are written to understand and fine-tune applications that were already well-developed, although safety-critical software systems are often carefully specified prior to application development. Specifications are most important for external interfaces that must remain stable. A good way to determine whether the specifications are sufficiently precise is to have a third party review the documents making sure that the requirements and Use Cases are logically sound.
The architecture of a software system or software architecture refers to an abstract representation of that system. Architecture is concerned with making sure the software system will meet the requirements of the product, as well as ensuring that future requirements can be addressed. The architecture step also addresses interfaces between the software system and other software products, as well as the underlying hardware or the host operating system.
5. Implementation, testing and documentingImplementation is the part of the process where software engineers actually program the code for the project.Software testing is an integral and important part of the software development process. This part of the process ensures that bugs (programming errors) are recognized as early as possible.Documenting the internal design of software for the purpose of future maintenance and enhancement is done throughout development. This may also include the authoring of an API, be it external or internal.6. Deployment and maintenanceDeployment starts after the code is appropriately tested, is approved for release and sold or otherwise distributed into a production environment.Software Training and Support is important because a large percentage of software projects fail because the developers fail to realize that it doesn't matter how much time and planning a development team puts into creating software if nobody in an organization ends up using it. People are often resistant to change and avoid venturing into an unfamiliar area, so as a part of the deployment phase, it is very important to have training classes for new clients of your software.Maintenance and enhancing software to cope with newly discovered problems or new requirements can take far more time than the initial development of the software. It may be necessary to add code that does not fit the original design to correct an unforeseen problem or it may be that a customer is requesting more functionality and code can be added to accommodate their requests. It is during this phase that customer calls come in and you see whether your testing was extensive enough to uncover the problems before customers do. If the labor cost of the maintenance phase exceeds 25% of the prior-phases' labor cost, then it is likely that the overall quality, of at least one prior phase, is poor. In that case, management should consider the option of rebuilding the system (or portions) before maintenance cost is out of control.Bug Tracking System tools are often deployed at this stage of the process to allow development teams to interface with customer/field teams testing the software to identify any real or perceived issues. These software tools, both open source and commercially licensed, provide a customizable process to acquire, review, acknowledge, and respond to reported issues.
Low and High Level Programming LanguagesA low-level programming language is a language that provides little or no abstraction from a computer's instruction set architecture. The word "low" refers to the small or nonexistent amount of abstraction between the language and machine language. Machine code or machine language is a system of instructions and data executed directly by a computer's central processing unit. Machine code may be regarded as a primitive (and cumbersome) programming language or as the lowest-level representation of a compiled and/or assembled computer program. This is why, low-level languages are sometimes described as being "close to the hardware."
A low-level language does not need a compiler or interpreter to run; the processor for which the language was written is able to run the code without using either of these.By comparison, a high-level programming language isolates the execution semantics of a computer architecture from the specification of the program, making the process of developing a program simpler and more understandable.A high-level programming language is a programming language that is more user-friendly, to some extent platform-independent, and abstract from low-level computer processor operations such as memory accesses. The word "high" does not imply that the language is superior to low-level programming languages but rather refers to the higher level of abstraction from machine language.
What does object oriented programming mean?
On our last post, we defined a program as a set of instructions that indicate the computer which tasks it should perform. This concept has changed since Object Oriented Programming (OOP) appeared in the IT world in the 1960s.Objects, classes and methods are key to understanding object-oriented technology.Let's start by understanding objects. Look around right now and you'll find many examples of real-world objects: a dog, a desk, a person, etc.When you think about it, all real-world objects share two characteristics: They all have state and behavior. Dogs have state (name, color, breed, hungry) and behavior (barking, fetching, wagging tail). Identifying the state and behavior for real-world objects is a great way to begin thinking in terms of object-oriented programming. For example, the object
Peteris one particular
person, with particular versions of the characteristics. The object 's state and the behavior (walking, talking, tall, etc) are defined in the object's class. The class of
persondefines all possible people by listing the characteristics and behaviors they can have. One can have an instance of a class or a particular object. The instance is the actual object created at runtime. In programmer jargon, the
Peterobject is an instance of the
personclass. The set of values of the attributes of a particular object is called its state.An object-oriented program may thus be viewed as a collection of cooperating objects, as opposed to the conventional model, in which a program is seen as a list of tasks to perform. In OOP, each object is capable of receiving messages, processing data, and sending messages to other objects and can be viewed as an independent 'machine' with a distinct role or responsibility. The actions on these objects are closely associated with the object.
Now, let's talk about methods. A method can be defined as object's abilities. We can make a helpful analogy by saying that, in language, methods are verbs.
Peter, being a
Person, has the ability to talk. Following the example we mentioned before,
talk()is one of
Peter's methods. He may have other methods as well, for example
. Within the program, using a method usually affects only one particular object; all
peoplecan talk, but you may need only one particular person to do it.